Let me get my abject capitulation in first. Although I've made a lot of progress on the Archbishop paper, there is no way I'm going to be ready to submit by the end of the year. I will dimnish, and go in to the West.
Idem.My co-author and me won't meet before the middle of the next month: I have to examine the other slabs of the holotype specimen, before submitting the final paper. (The holotype is based on 4 slabs from the same individual, housed in two different museums). :-(
But Mike, you "made a lot of progress" which is the main thing. The PPC helped push it forwards (I hope) and thus this is a success. While I did get two papers submitted as a result of kicking on, the main one I wanted to try and do for the PPC, I err, haven't started yet. So, I too can only claim a partial success.
argh. not gonna make it. It'll be in by the end of Jan for sure (its on its final pass thru co-authors), but certainly not by tomorrow. So, it still got done, however various other deadlines and holidays trumped it. :(
same here: nothing worked out, espeically not well, and I got barely anything done. Most annoying is the fact that I could not even finish my almost-done sauropod rearing manuscript :(
I'm about 1.5 for three: submitted the promised bird electromyography manuscript, made great progress on a second, little on the third, and submitted another due on a separate timeline. Even discussion with co-authors counts as progress, which as Dave says is the main benefit of the exercise. I'm often in the same situation as Heinrich. Finishing a manuscript is like approaching light speed: it seems to take increasing effort to make ever-smaller yet ostensibly crucial refinements.
Not a paleontologist -- the desktop PC wouldn't start up to type the thing, instead beeped incessantly. Oracle-bones are not fossils? Wouldn't recognize an oracle-bead if it lay beneath a monument across the roadway?
One of 3 is in press...Second in the hands of co-author..3rd being looked at by a friend while I get the figures in order.If the challenge were renewed for another 6 months (or say, perhaps getting a few papers out by SVP time) I think we'd show some real progress.
Oooh... I'm so sorry, but I failed! But, on the other hand, it is not my fault (or so I want to believe): my master thesis was just the beginning of a complete re-description, and we need more time... :)
I ended up in the partial camp, as well. The range manuscript will require some more time - some variables need addressing. However, I also got cracking on the final bits of my aquaflyer paper revision, which I managed to get submitted AND accepted by the New Year, so all around not too bad.
Post a Comment